YMCA Career & Employment Resource Centres
The Centres provide an innovative approach to address the needs of people and communities in the Sydney and Glace Bay areas.
399 Charlotte Street
Sydney, N.S. B1P1E3
106 Reserve Street
Glace Bay, N.S. B1A4W5
Who should use the centre?
• Unemployed individuals
• Underemployed workers
• Employers looking to hire
What services do the Centres provide?
• Job Search Assistance
• Resume / Cover Letter Writing
• Career Development – Explore and create a path to reach your career goals, develop a “Return To Work” action plan through Case Management Services
• Long Distance Phone Service (for job search purposes)
• Employment related photocopying, faxing, scanning
• Internet Access
• PLAR Portfolio Development Workshop - Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition
• Personality Dimensions Workshop (True Colors)
• Employability Workshops – networking, employer cold calls, the hidden job market, interview techniques and labour market information
The YMCA Career & Employment Resource Centres are funded through Employment Nova Scotia.
YMCA of Cape Breton Career and Employment Resource Centre offers access to the internet for job seekers needing to find potential employers and research job opportunities.